St Mary's Catholic Primary School

Our faith is unique.


At Saint Mary’s Catholic Primary School we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children.

We treat safeguarding as the highest priority. The health, safety and well-being of all our children, staff and visitors are of paramount importance.

Our children have the right to protection regardless of age, gender, race, culture or disability.

The Single Central Record (SCR) is maintained by the school to demonstrate that staff have undergone appropriate recruitment and police checks. The SCR is updated as and when additional staff or volunteers are recruited.

If any parent, staff member or volunteer has a concern about the welfare of a child they should immediately contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Mrs Pratley or Deputy DSL Miss Montgomery.

Safeguarding Policy


Prevent Duty


From 1st July 2015 all schools are subject to a duty under section 26 of the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015, in the exercise of their functions, to have "due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism". This duty is known as the Prevent Duty for Schools.


Contact Brent Family Front Door if you are concerned about a child.



Report Child Abuse

If you believe a child is in immediate danger you should phone the police. Call 999.



If you are worried that a child or young person is at risk or is being abused, contact the Brent Family Front door as soon as possible to discuss your concerns:

  • Office hours (Mon – Fri 9am - 5pm): Call 020 8937 4300 (option 1)
  • Outside office hours: Call our emergency duty team on 020 8863 5250

Alternatively, complete a Child Concern Report online. Please supply as much information as you can.

If you are unsure that a child or young person at risk or has been abused - it’s still OK to report a suspicion. Our team will listen to your concerns and decide what to do.

We will ask for your details but you can choose not to share them. If you do not feel comfortable about telling us, you can also speak to a police officer, teacher, health visitor, doctor or the NSPCC.

The most important thing is to speak to someone who can help.



What to report

Child abuse can take different forms and includes physical, sexual and emotional abuse, and neglect. You can read more about the different types of child abuse and how to spot the signs, on the NSPCC website.